Aaliyah's Fall Apple Cider Recipe
Nothing says fall like Apple Cider. This holiday season Corage Dolls wants to support those organizations that support us! This year we launched our first fundraiser with a shirt that reflects the bold action and mantra we all have the opportunity to carry with us in the fight to end injustice…Cultivate Courage. Designed by an awesome young Black female illustrator Ashley Blackwell, one hundred percent of the proceeds will go towards specific organizations addressing systemic issues in the Black community – food insecurity and racial injustice and the organizations are Feeding America and Until Freedom. We have now added new merchandise to reflect our mission. Our coffee mug is the perfect addition to your home office. Please enjoy this special recipe with your family and head over to Cultivate Corage to purchase your mug today!
How to Make Apple Cider
- 10 Large Apples (such as gala, fuji, or Cortlandt)
- 1 Peach
- 3-4 Cinnamon Sticks
- 4-5 Whole Cloves
- 1 tsp Allspice
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- ~1/2 cup Brown Sugar (to taste)
- Water (Just enough to cover the apples)
- Wash apples, cut them into chunks, and add to the stockpot. Peel the orange, remove seeds, rip the orange into half, and add to the pot as well. Add spices and sugar if needed. (Some people will prefer anywhere from 1/4 cup to 3/4 cup of brown sugar). Add just enough water to the pot to cover the fruit.
- Bring the pot to a boil. Once it reaches a boil, lower heat to a simmer and cover with a lid. Let it continue to cook for about 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, mash the fruit with a potato masher or spoon and continue to let it simmer for another hour.
- After an hour, remove the fruit from heat and strain with a fine-mesh strainer or cheesecloth. (I don’t have a strainer, so I used a cheesecloth).